Spotted Sweater

31 Oct

Polka Dot Sweater and Leather Skirt

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I have no plans for the holiday, which is an unfriendly reminder that celebrating fun holidays after college is not so fun.

I wore a similar take on today’s outfit way back in March. There’s just something I can’t resist about this fuzzy Madewell sweater with a leather bottom. I think adding the polka dots makes the leather a bit preppier, which you don’t usually think of when it comes to leather.  Obviously from the pictures in March, there was lots of snow on the ground, so I had no choice but to opt for the faux leather pants. The fact that this week has been full of 60 degree weather meant that a skirt had to be worn.

Pretty shortly, my bare legs aren’t going to see the light of day until March or April. I’m already preparing myself to look like a Cullen for the next few months. Although I’m sad that the weather forces me to cover up, I am excited for cute tights! Black opaque tights are always my go-to, but I’ve also been looking at some fun polka dot options. I think they’d look so good with a simple dress or skirt! Have you guys come across any fun tights? I’d love to hear!

Leather Skirt and Ankle Strap Heels

Madewell Polka Dot Sweater

Polka Dot Madewell Sweater

Leather Skirt and Polka Dot Sweater

Sweater: Madewell | Shirt: Ralph Lauren (similar) | Skirt: Urban Outfitters (identical) | Shoes: Lulu’s (similar) | Bracelet: J.Crew

18 Responses to “Spotted Sweater”

1. SweetCandyDreamer October 31, 2013 at 7:25 am #

Happy Halloween!! I really like your outfit, fun! xx

2. inconformistafashionista October 31, 2013 at 9:05 am #

Super cute sweater!
    XOXO
    inconformistafashionista.wordpress.com

3. FashionEdible October 31, 2013 at 10:37 am #

I tend to go for plain tights or ones with an embossed design. I love your skirt and know how much fun it is to wear – it goes with everything, doesn’t it?

• Baubles to Bubbles October 31, 2013 at 10:50 am #

Thanks, Grace! Most of my tights are a solid color, too. It seriously goes with everything! You can dress it up or down, and make it more feminine or edgy!

4. Jordan October 31, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Polka dots… check. Leather… check. Great pair of heels… check.

Wonderful ensemble!

BTW… yes, a skirt “had to be worn” on such a lovely day. The pants will get there day… they will get their day soon enough.

• Baubles to Bubbles October 31, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

Thank you, Jordan! Haha I was more than happy to put the pants away for the week so the skirts could have some action :)

5. Ashley October 31, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

Such a cute look, doll! Loving the juxtaposition of classic polka dots with leather- so, so good!

6. Heidie Makes October 31, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

Loving the knit!

7. nicolemolders November 1, 2013 at 4:51 am #

Love this outfit!

8. Alison November 1, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

I’ve finally gotten into the sweater over a button up look, your take on it is so cute.

xx Alison

• Baubles to Bubbles November 3, 2013 at 11:41 pm #

Thank you Alison! It’s such a good way to mix and match your outfit. By the way, I’m loving the Enza products! I’ll be posting about it soon :)

9. nessabirdie November 6, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

Absolutely LOVE your outfit! I have been trying to find a leather skirt for the longest time! Thanks for liking my post! :)

• Baubles to Bubbles November 6, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

Thank you! There are a lot of options out there, so hopefully you can find the perfect one!