Houndstooth

20 Jan

QMack Houndstooth Jacket

I came across this QMack houndstooth jacket while I was Christmas shopping in December. I didn’t get it since I was on a mission to find something for my dad. I put it on my mental wish list and told myself to see if it was still available after Christmas. When I went to look for it after the holidays, it was completely gone online. That’s when my regret set in that I hadn’t bought it earlier. I made a trip to the mall last week in search of the perfect work tote. I decided to stop at Macy’s and see if they still had the jacket, and much to my surprise, they did! And it was on major sale for $25!

Rebecca Minkoff Navy Tote

Houndstooth Moto Jacket

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote

Rebecca Minkoff Tote Houndstooth Jacket

On that same shopping trip, I also got this Rebecca Minkoff tote. I’ve been trying to find the perfect structured bag for work without any success. I found this one on the Nordstrom website, and immediately knew it was the one for me. It reminded me a lot of my Mini MAC, and I liked that it didn’t seem too serious. Also, the colors are AMAZING. I got the navy, but also love the red, electric blue, and purple versions. I’m actually excited to pack my bag for work every day (it’s the little things in life)! Overall, it was a successful shopping trip. I splurged and I saved, and got two great pieces to add to my closet.

Houndstooth Moto Jacket

Rebecca Minkoff Navy Tote

Sweater: J.Crew | Jacket: QMack (love this one) | Pants: J.Crew | Shoes: Report | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (I got the medium tote) | Necklace: Baublebar | Bracelet: J.Crew

37 Responses to “Houndstooth”

1. whatthemom January 20, 2014 at 6:36 am #

What a great score on that coat – and I LOVE the tote. I looked at that just now on your link – the nude color would be so great for me for spring! I just got a cognac tote from BR on the 40% off so I’ll have to wait now!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 21, 2014 at 9:13 pm #

Thank you! I was in between the blue and nude. What a great steal from BR! Getting a nice purse on sale is the greatest feeling.

2. maryeavant January 20, 2014 at 6:42 am #

Great picks! I adore those booties, too!

3. FashionEdible January 20, 2014 at 8:43 am #

I love this! Nice job scoring the jacket – I’ve played the waiting game too and sometimes it backfires and you end up with nothing but sometimes, it’s the best decision ever. If I go back and it’s gone, I just try to convince myself I didn’t need it in the first place ;) Also, great tote – I love the color!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 21, 2014 at 9:14 pm #

Thanks Grace! It really can backfire, which sucks! Convincing yourself you didn’t need it is the best approach!

4. "They'll Never Know..." January 20, 2014 at 9:31 am #

SO lucky the waiting game worked out this time, such a great deal for a gorg jacket! Love that you styled it with the yellow, really nice contrast with the houndstooth and the bag. Let me know how you like your RM tote, I got the Dylan a while back but thinking it’s time to re-invest!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 21, 2014 at 9:22 pm #

Thanks Rochelle! LOVE the Dylan- it’s a classic! I’m obsessed with mine, so I say get it :)

5. SweetCandyDreamer January 20, 2014 at 12:04 pm #

Great pop of colors in this outfit! :-) xx

6. arynversteegh January 20, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

The RM bag is SO PERFECT for work. I have one in black and I can’t believe how awesome it works for transition from work to school!

7. The Fashion Huntress January 20, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

Love it! I’m actually wearing houndstooth today! It’s an irresistible pattern!

8. toopretty12 January 20, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

9. geelongfashionista January 20, 2014 at 4:46 pm #

Great jacket!
    x Kirsty

10. Cortneybre January 20, 2014 at 4:57 pm #

Cute cute cute! Love the blue bag! Cortneybre

11. thinktravelcelebrate January 20, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

I love the Rebecca Minkoff bag, it’s perfect for work, and it is so pretty in that blue color. The blue works really well with the houndstooth coat.

• Baubles to Bubbles January 21, 2014 at 9:26 pm #

Thank you! You can’t go wrong with any of her purses. I have the mini MAC and love it!

12. Kenya L Fashion Blog January 20, 2014 at 8:25 pm #

I love the houndstooth jacket and REALLY love that Rebecca Minkoff bag! Gorgeous color! Looks fab!!

xo, Kenya

13. Connect-the-Cloths January 20, 2014 at 9:23 pm #

I was so over houndstooth a couple seasons ago… until I stumbled upon this.. Splendid ;D
    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

14. carascliche January 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm #

Twinning, don’t judge me I did not say that;). I love this coat and that bag… gorgeoooooous!

15. Norae Yasmeen January 22, 2014 at 4:38 pm #

Love it!!

16. FujikoToyohashi February 2, 2014 at 4:09 pm #

Great Outfit and color combination!

17. alyssalauren February 4, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

Absolutely love this outfit! Perfect! And you’re gorgeous! xx

18. courtney February 15, 2014 at 10:54 am #

What a cute Color combo, I’m loving the Jacket too! Plus, you look amazing :]

Xo Courtney
    ColorMeCourtney.Com
    Dress Outside The Lines

19. Kelli March 6, 2014 at 12:28 am #

Hi! I’m loving this bag. Is it the medium or large version?

• Baubles to Bubbles March 7, 2014 at 9:11 pm #

Thank you Kelli! This is the medium version. I saw the large version in person, and it’s really big!

20. Yanhearts September 27, 2014 at 11:22 am #

The colour of the tote is amazing!! Love it alot!
    Great outfit!