Valentine’s Day Outfit Inspiration

28 Jan

I’m not going to lie, outfit pictures have been/probably will be few and far between for awhile. For those of you who aren’t experiencing the polar vortex, it can be summed up in one word: painful. Even a few seconds outside feels like whiplash. I wish I could say that I’ve been wearing cute outfits despite the weather. That, however, is just not the case. My morning  routine looks something like this: slip on J.Crew pixie pants, struggle to find a sweater I haven’t been wearing on repeat, do absolutely nothing to my hair, and put on a swipe of red lip stain (to look put together). Not exactly picture worthy!

Even though Valentine’s Day is a few weeks away (and will likely be freezing), I’m using it as an excuse to want all things pink and red. While in the past I would have opted for pink or red, I’m really loving how they look worn together. The real struggle is figuring out how to wear it in the winter. My fingers are crossed that I’ll pull together the perfect pink and red look, but if the weather doesn’t permit, accessories are a must!

Valentine's Day Outfit Ideas

Baublebar Studs | Kate Spade Red Pumps

Kate Spade Bow Blouse | Alice + Olivia Lips Dress | I.Madeline Dress

Tory Burch Clutch

24 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Outfit Inspiration”

1. The Fashion Huntress January 28, 2014 at 9:06 am #

Same here- it’s unbearable out there! I’m losing enthusiasm for dressing, which is frankly, just not right!! I love your Valentine’s Day inspiration though! Maybe I should just start thinking of that instead! :)!!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:15 pm #

Glad I’m not alone! I just do not care right now! I’m using Valentine’s Day as an excuse to not think about the cold!

2. FashionEdible January 28, 2014 at 10:14 am #

Those heels are too cute! You’ve picked some fun pieces to help anyone through these freezing temperatures. And I LOVE that clutch!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

How cute is the striped heel!? Looking at bright colors is the only thing getting me through right now!

3. whatthemom January 28, 2014 at 10:32 am #

In the vortex here, wearing Sorels, Jeans, Sweater and big coat/hat. FREEZING.

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

Oh no! I feel your pain (or should I say frostbite). That sounds like the perfect cold weather uniform!

4. dressesforjulie January 28, 2014 at 10:36 am #

ohhh I love them all! I hear you, I’ve resorted to taking bad indoor photos because of the frigid temps

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:17 pm #

I love them, too! I should probably do indoor pictures, but my laziness has taken over!

5. Ashley January 28, 2014 at 10:51 am #

Okay, LOVING that lips dress- so cute and perfect for Valentine’s! Great post, doll!

6. KatWalkSF January 28, 2014 at 11:02 am #

I love that Alice + Olivia dress! I have been eyeing it forever and with our lack of winter weather in SF it may end up in my closet!

-Kat

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:19 pm #

So have I! I go to the Alice + Olivia site just to look at it, which is embarrassing! You should totally get it with your nice SF weather!

7. Simply Cydney January 28, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Love these picks! What fun colors. :)

Simply Cydney

8. carascliche January 28, 2014 at 12:28 pm #

THAT DRESS THOUGH! Sorry for the caps but I had to emphasize how happy it just made me, neeed it!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:20 pm #

I know, right!? I can’t even explain how obsessed I am. Like, I might have to splurge.

9. Andrea January 28, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

I like the pink and red accessories. I have a feeling that it won’t quite be dress weather yet in Cincinnati!

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:21 pm #

I know! I’m in denial right now, but I already know my Valentine’s Day outfit will probably be all black and as warm as possible!

10. Jen January 28, 2014 at 6:50 pm #

Love your picks Olivia! I would love that TB clutch or that hot pink dress for Valentines! Thankfully we’re not experiencing the polar vortex, although we hear about it a lot on the news. I can only image how frigid it is, stay warm and hold off on the outfit posts until it warms up!

xo jen
    Pearls & Lace

• Baubles to Bubbles January 28, 2014 at 9:22 pm #

Thanks Jen! You’re so lucky you don’t have this weather! I think a trip to BC sounds amazing right now! Enjoy the weather :)

11. Stephanie January 29, 2014 at 3:11 am #

Great selections! This post reminded me a new wallet on the Kate Spade website… super cute: http://www.katespade.com/2-park-avenue-lacey/PWRU3530,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_PWRU3530_color=680&dwvar_PWRU3530_size=UNS&cgid=ks-accessories-wallets#start=10&cgid=ks-accessories-wallets. Stay warm!

• Baubles to Bubbles February 2, 2014 at 9:41 pm #

That’s so funny, I was going to put that wallet on my collage and ran out of room! It’s adorable!

12. Cortneybre January 29, 2014 at 7:04 am #

I hoped I wasn’t the only one struggling with the weather. .it’s truly unbearable and frankly depressing. :( I tried and tried to make some pics I took outside yesterday work but with the snow falling, wind blowing and me grimacing they just wouldn’t. I hope it warms up for everyone soon! Love this post..Can’t wait to see your warmer weather posts too! Cortneybre

• Baubles to Bubbles February 2, 2014 at 9:42 pm #

I know! I don’t even feel cute this time of year. It’s depressing! Hopefully we can catch a break soon with some better weather!