Last week, the awesome CK of Love Your Clothes, Love Yourself tagged me in her post revealing some things you might not know about her. Just like her, I usually don’t do these kinds of posts, but thought it would be fun to reveal a few random things about myself! Here goes:
1. I have an amazing Shih-poo (Shih-Tzu Poodle) named Oscar, who’s around 12 years old. Although he’s a dog, we think he possesses nine lives like a cat because he has been through the ringer. Shortly after my brother got him as a Christmas gift (when Oscar was a puppy), he developed kennel cough that was so bad it almost killed him. He’s also torn his ACL, has gotten lots of teeth pulled, has diabetes, and is now blind. Despite all this, he is still super peppy and energetic, and the most cuddly dog ever. Here’s a glamour shot I took on my bed of him last year:
2. I am made up of many different nationalities. I’m mostly Italian and Greek, but am also Irish, German, and French. Like I mentioned in my last post, my mom’s side of the family eats homemade ravioli on Christmas and Easter.
3. I am absolutely terrified of chunky yogurt! I like yogurt, but am very picky about what types I’ll eat. I literally gag if I come across one of those chunky bits of fruit in yogurt. Sometimes, they’ll be hiding at the bottom of the container and will sneak into a spoonful, which is terrifying.
4. I studied journalism in college and wanted to be a news reporter. I’ve always been obsessed with the news and love knowing what’s going on locally and around the world. Of course, I’m also obsessed with entertainment news and could probably tell you about any celebrity. I interned at a TV station in college, and loved most of it, but not all of it (editing video will be the death of me). I was told by many people in the industry that if you do not fully love all aspects of the job, then it’s pretty hard to be happy. It didn’t help that after my internship I took a video editing course and was completely lost and overwhelmed the entire time. Although I still have a soft spot for the news and broadcast TV, I switched to Communication Management and Marketing.
5. I am a huge sports fanatic. My favorite sports are baseball and football. I try to watch every Reds game possible, and literally cried last year when the Giants came back and beat them in the playoffs. I also have a tendency to scream at the TV when I’m excited and/or mad about a play.
*Coming up with five things about myself was a lot harder than I imagined!