DIY Glitter Bengals Shirt

4 Nov

Cincinnati Bengals DIY Glitter Shirt

Although today’s post is a DIY, let me start off by saying that I am far from crafty. I’ve always been envious of people who come up with cute ideas and are able to bring their ideas to life. I’ve made a promise to myself that I’m going to try to become more of a DIY’er. With that being said, I’ve recently been trying to think of a fun idea for a Bengals shirt. I’m a huge Bengals fan, but am pretty lacking in the orange and black wardrobe department. The only Bengals jersey I have is a Chad Johnson one, and he hasn’t been on the team for a few years now. I decided to go against my DIY inabilities and make my own glitter logo Bengals shirt. It actually was a lot easier than I anticipated, and was surprisingly fun to make!

If you’re not a Bengals fans, don’t worry. You can easily substitute for your favorite team’s logo and colors!

What You’ll Need: Black Shirt, Extra Fine Orange Glitter, Freezer Paper, Spray Glue, Scissors

DIY Cincinnati Bengals Glitter Shirt

Step 1: Sketch your design onto the freezer paper. I searched for the Bengals “B” on Google and easily found the size I liked to print out and trace over. If you’re good at drawing straight lines, then you may not need to rely on tracing over the logo. I am not one of those people unfortunately, so I stuck to tracing my design onto the paper.

Step 2: Cut your sketch out of the freezer paper. Don’t forget to cut out the two holes in the middle of the “B”!

DIY Bengals Shirt

Step 3: Iron freezer paper onto shirt. Make sure you iron the shiny side of the paper onto the shirt. Remember, you’re ironing the paper with the “B” cutout of the middle, not the actual “B”. Before you start ironing, place the two tiny cutouts that form the middle of the B onto the shirt. This will form the B shape for when you need to glue and glitter the logo. Iron the freezer paper onto the shirt for about 30 seconds, or until the paper is securely attached on the shirt.

DIY Bengals Shirt

Step 4: Spray with spray glue. Use the spray glue to spray inside the stencil on the shirt. Before you start spraying, place cardboard or a brown paper bag inside the shirt. This will prevent the glue from bleeding through the back of the shirt.

DIY Bengals Shirt

Step 5: Sprinkle glitter onto the glue area. Use a substantial amount of glitter when sprinkling it onto the shirt. I used a small sponge to gently even out the glitter. Wait for the glue to dry, and shake off any excess glitter. Use another coat of spray glue and add another layer of glitter. Wait until the glue dries again and shake of any residual glitter. I sprayed a little hairspray over the glitter once it was dry. I read that this could help the glitter from falling off.

DIY Bengals Glitter Shirt

Once these steps are completed, you have a fun and festive way to rock your team’s colors! Hopefully these steps were easy to understand. Completing DIY’s and explaining how to accomplish them are a work in progress :) I’m going to post an outfit with the finished shirt tomorrow, so be sure to check back!

16 Responses to “DIY Glitter Bengals Shirt”

1. cerirua November 4, 2013 at 8:54 am #

This is a great idea but Can I ask what is freezer paper? I’m from Ireland, haven’t heard of it before.

• Baubles to Bubbles November 4, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Thank you! Freezer paper is what you use to wrap foods that you store in the freezer! One side of it looks and feels like regular paper and the other side has a waxy finish.

• cerirua November 4, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

Great i’ll look for it here!

• Baubles to Bubbles November 4, 2013 at 10:28 pm #

Good luck! Let me know if you end up doing it :)

2. SweetCandyDreamer November 4, 2013 at 9:48 am #

Great DIY! Can’t go wrong with a little (or a lot!) of sparkle! :-D xx

3. nicolemolders November 4, 2013 at 11:44 am #

great idea. Thanks for sharing

4. Floral And Stripes November 4, 2013 at 2:37 pm #

A fellow Ohio blogger! Cute shirt idea, Who Dey!

xo Jamie Lynne http://www.floralandstripes.wordpress.com

• Baubles to Bubbles November 4, 2013 at 10:28 pm #

So exciting to meet another Ohioan and Bengals fan:) Thank you!

5. Jen November 4, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

What a cute idea — I love how it turned out. Who dey!

• Baubles to Bubbles November 4, 2013 at 10:29 pm #

Thanks, Jen! Still recovering from the loss to the Dolphins, but I’m ready for the next game!

6. FashionEdible November 4, 2013 at 5:34 pm #

Aww yay! I love DIYs – it’s always fun to see what other people come up with. This is such a great idea Olivia!

• Baubles to Bubbles November 4, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

Thanks Grace! I was pretty nervous because I thought it was going to be a mess, but luckily that wasn’t the case! The first DIY is the hardest hopefully :)

7. Brad January 9, 2014 at 3:00 pm #

I’m from Cincinnati, is there a way someone can make the shirt for me to buy??